Brampton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy which can be viewed in the policies section of our website.
All school staff are trained in safeguarding, and children know that they can speak with any adult if they have any concerns. Staff are trained to look out for signs of physical/emotional harm or neglect and understand the procedures for effective reporting of any concerns.
Occasionally we may need to share information with outside agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare or safety. This is a statutory part of our duty and an important part of our role in keeping children safe.
We actively support the government’s Prevent strategy to counter radicalism and extremism.
Below is the structure of the school’s safeguarding team. All of the team are available at the beginning and end of each day, in the playground, to support with any safeguarding concerns you might have.
Designated Safeguarding Leal (DSL)
|Marie Hardie and Olu Awelenje||Deputy Safeguarding Leads (DDSL)|
Alex Wedgbury– Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Olu Awelenje and Marie Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL)
Paven Kettory – Quality Assurer/ Headteacher
|Senior Safeguarding Team (SST)|
|Susan Masters||Designated governor for safeguarding & child protection|
|Yolanda Musinguzi||Chair of Governors|
- Parents’ Guide TikTok Pairing
- Safer Internet day – Conversation starters
- Safer Internet day – Family Activities
- Parents’ Guide for Safe YouTube and Internet Streaming for Kids
- Guide to safer live lessons
- Be kind
- Fake news
- Good mental health in isolation
- Online gaming to gambling
- Remote learning tips for children
- Remote learning tips for parents
- Remote learning tips for teachers
- Social Media safety tips
- Starting a conversation on Online safety
- Children’s food trust – Healthy eating for you and your child
- NHS children – NHS information on children’s health
- Online safety – Keeping your child safe online